Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment
Typical Occupational Activities -
Elevator Installers and Repairers make adjustments to mechanical elements during maintenance. Bicycle Repairers tighten wires to tune the bike. Ship Engineers adjust the mechanic linkages to insure energy is moved from the engine to the props.
Successful performers are good at -
- In adjusting parts, persisting to improve the way they work.
- Consistently cleaning and inspecting equipment.
- Never failing to consult the latest technical manual.
- Thinking in three dimensions.
- Using all senses in diagnosing.
Check out these occupations: