Performing for or Working Directly with the Public
Typical Occupational Activities -
Flight Attendants are continually sending messages to passengers about the professionalism and caring attitude of their airlines. Good Musicians and Dancers send positive emotions to their audiences. Retail Salespeople contribute ideas that will move a customer closer to a sale.
Successful performers are good at -
- Choosing topics that fit the audiences and occasions.
- Organizing ideas appropriately for the audience.
- Adjusting tone, speech rate, and mannerisms to succeed.
- Caring about a professional, polished appearance.
- Getting to know their clients and learning their needs.
Check out these occupations: